Periodic physicals are a great way to ensure your good health. Whether you require a physical prior to participating in sports or as part of a routine health assessment, you can count on Healthfit Colorado to provide you with expert care.
Reasons for a Physical Exam
Some common reasons why our patients require physicals include:
- School or college admission
- Sports participation
- Employment or job training programs
- Purchasing life insurance
- Filing for Social Security Disability benefits
- Collecting Worker’s Compensation Insurance benefits
- Annual Medicare wellness exam add to bullets for reason
If your physical is school or work related, there may be additional paperwork required. We are familiar with all types of Worker’s Compensation, Social Security, Medicaid, Medicare, and other insurance paperwork, and will help you ensure all documents are filled out correctly. In many cases, we are even able to help with filing your paperwork.
Components of a Physical
Physical examinations vary from patient to patient based upon health history, age, and your reason for having one. Even so, there are a few basic components included in every exam. A physical typically begins by collecting your vital signs (height, weight, temperature, blood pressure) and then recording them on a chart. Next, a nurse will ask you some questions about your health history and discuss any particular symptoms you may be having. The physical will culminate with a check of your heart, lungs, abdomen, ears, nose, and throat.
Certain other checks may also be performed to check your:
- Muscle strength
In-office testing is non-invasive, and takes only a few minutes to complete. You may be asked to put on a hospital gown or to partially undress. If you are uncomfortable with this idea, please let us know so that we can take the appropriate measures. We strive to match our patients with a doctor of the same sex whenever possible. In the event a same-gender physician is not available, you may have another person accompany you into the examining room or ask one of our staff members to escort you.
- Men – Prostate check, blood work, AlC, Thyroid, Electrolytes, depending on age and medications other things will be checked as
- Women- Skin check, blood work, depending on medications and age other things will be checked as
- Well Woman – Yearly Physical that includes a pap smear
- Biometric Screenings – This is bloodwork screenings done according to your organizations specifications .
- Medicare -“Welcome to Medicare” Preventive visit
- Yearly “Wellness”visits (Must have part B for longer than 12months)
- DOT Physicals – Forthcoming
Not all of these tests will be performed during every physical. You will likely require very different tests for your annual physical than you would when obtaining one prior to participating in sports.
Billing and Insurance
We accept most major insurance plans. In the event you do not have insurance, we also accept health savings plans in addition to major credit cards such as Visa, MasterCard, and Discover.
Whenever it comes time for your next physical, visit Healthfit Colorado. Our caring, competent staff will ensure you obtain a complete examination, while also making you feel as comfortable as possible. Please contact us today to schedule your appointment.